Thursday, July 28, 2011

Day 6 Eat Local Challege

Who knew posting every night about what you ate would be so time consuming!? Really, I've spent as much- probably more- time writing these posts as I have preparing and eating the food! Anyway, today was a trouble free day. Breakfast was a parfait of MOMs' granola, farmers market blackberries, and local yogurt. Yummy and a good day starter.
For lunch I ate the rest of the ceasar salad from One World, and the rest of my fiance's meatless meatball sub. I still can't believe I ordered enough food to supply me with three meals!

And for a late dinner, I ate the rest of my nachos, chili, and guac from One World Cafe. Nachos never look appetizing after being reheated, but they were delicious!

If only I had some local ice cream for dessert!!

Well, tomorrow is the last day. I have plenty food remaining, not necessarily a good thing since I'm taking my vacation tomorrow after work. Looks like I'll be bringing 1/2 a loaf of honey whole wheat bread, a container of yogurt, a zucchini, s cucumber, a squash, granola, eggs, blackberries, and cherry tomatoes with me down to the beach. And that's just the local food in my fridge and pantry that needs to be taken! I have other non-local food that I should take so that it wont spoil! Obviously, I've bought way more food than I needed this week- all just to prove a point: buying local is easy, convenient, and affordable! If I am not broke at this point- you know it's not an expensive lifestyle!

More to write tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment