Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Reduce, Reuse, Recycle

I'm currently applying to the Castle Ink Paperless Scholarship to help me fund my education- which, by the way, is why I haven't been able to post much lately! I'm earning my Master's Degree in City and Regional Planning and specializing in Sustainable Cities. I truly love learning about this stuff, and I can't wait to apply my knowledge.

To fund my school, I've begun looking for scholarships that really define who I am, and this scholarship from Castle Ink (http://www.castleink.com) does just that! For all of those who know me, I am very much a part of the reduce, reuse, recycle mindset. That mantra comes into play in every aspect of my life, everyday. I start my limiting how much I own, and what I buy. I buy only what's necessary, and I buy what comes with the least amount of packaging, a.k.a. waste. When I'm finished with something, I sell it, trade it, donate it, or reuse it. DIY crafts, baby! Up-cycling and re-purposing are my hobbies since childhood! As for everything I can not find a second use for, I recycle!

I've been successful in encouraging and beginning workplace recycling at my jobs, and I always do my best to teach friends and family about what they can do to help (of course, my family were the ones who taught me in the first place! Thanks, Mom and Dad!).

The point is, you can, and should, live by this mantra as well. To be honest, it makes life richer- in every sense of the term!!

No comments:

Post a Comment