Monday, August 1, 2011

The Total Cost

The total cost of my local purchases these past 9 days was $105.51

$5- 12 ears of local corn
$1- 2 local cucumbers
$4.50 - small loaf of local Zucchini bread
$3.50- local brownie (an unnecessary purchase)
$3.07- locally brewed mocha latte (another unnecessary purchase)
$37.00- Dinner for two at a local, vegetarian restaurant. Supplied a total of 4 meals.
$14.00- dinner at a local foods restaurant
$1- toffee, graham, pecan bar
$4.75- 1 local zucchini and 1 basket blackberries
$3.99- 1 Tub Seven Stars Farm Vanilla Yogurt
$3.49- 1 Dozen Nature's Yoke Large, vegetarian fed, free range eggs
$4.95-Spring Mill Bread Co. Honey Whole Wheat loaf
$1.38- 2 local Bagels
$2.99- 1 Salazon Chocolate Company dark chocolate bar
$5.71- 1 block chedder from Bowling Green Farm
$5.19- 1 package La Pasta ravioli
$3.99- 1/2 Gallon Trickling Spring Milks

That was for well over a weeks worth of food, plus I went out to dinner twice, and bought food out another time as well. Take those purchases out and it become $47.94! When I think about the amount of food I bought in excess of what I needed, and what I bought because I considered this past week a special occasion, it ends up being very affordable!

EAT LOCAL!

No comments:

Post a Comment