Friday, March 4, 2011

Welcome to my Blog

When I first discovered the concept of blogging in my early high school years, I could only relate it to the realm in which I was living. Blogging just seemed like another way for my drama loving school mates to complain about their lives. But as I've gotten older, my opinion of the practice has changed, as some of the best online resources I have come across have been blogs.

Blogging has become a phenomenal tool and resources for knowledge in the online community. Nowadays, anyone can call themselves a writer. As for whether or not that's a positive thing, I can't always agree. I, personally, can say that the likelihood of having anything I've ever written published in even the lowest caliber collection of material would otherwise be slim. With blogging, however, I find my work "published". Still, my theory is that if there's something to be shared, why not make it available for everyone?

So, in an attempt to enhance my skill as a writer, and to encourage my own personal exploration as an urban designer, I have ended up with this blog you're reading. I'll be keeping it to about one post a week. In this way, I can commit to posting only quality material that I will deem worthy of publication in my own collection of essays.

I've done photo blogging and reblogging on Tumblr and I've had my own personal blog on Blogger, but I've yet to conquer the professional or field related blog. As you may have deducted from the name, Meditations of a Treehugging Urbanist, this blog will pertain to urban design which involves ecological and sustainable practices. To be honest, probably not every post will discuss "green" applications specifically; rather, the type of urbanism I write about and support is, in itself, inherently green in its methods.

Will all of this, I'll admit I'm both nervous and excited to see how well this project turns out. I'll leave the rest of the expectations up to you, now as I save my first topic for the following week.

No comments:

Post a Comment